Friday 22 October 2010

Cranberry and pumpkin seed brunch bar


Cranberry and Pumpkin Seed Brunch Bars


I have a challenge to make sweet treats for a group of people on a craft course in Spain. Between they have allergies or intolerances to a very long list of things, including gluten, dairy and egg. I always make gluten free food, but I don’t tend to make things without eggs. Here is a scrummy bar of seeds and fruit.

I haven’t done any tests to see how well it keeps at ambient temperatures; that will come later. I also haven’t worked out the nutrients yet.

Ingredients:

20g pumpkin seed

30g dried cranberries

40g mashed ripe banana

50g urid lentil flour

30g pregelatinised tapioca ( tapioca flour cooked with water to make a thick transparent gloop)

40g dairy free margarine

30g soft brown sugar ( I found this too sweet so will reduce next time)

cream sugar and margarine and add banana. Stir in tapioca gloop. Add flour. Mix well. Stir in cranberries and pumpkin seeds. Place on lined greased tray and bake for 20-25 minutes at 170degrees C until golden brown. Place on rack to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to edit or not publish comments