Monday 16 July 2012

almost instant (very easy) gluten and dairy free chocolate cupcakes


I am getting ready to pack all the ingredients for my niece's wedding cupcake tower in Sweden.  A last quick check today to be sure I know how much cake mix made how many cupcakes so I can scale up for 150 cupcakes and a top cake.  So, a one egg batch, some medium cupcake cases...and ten chocolate cupcakes.

Ingredients
75g flour ( 40% urid, 40% tapioca, 20% fine cornmeal)
100g sugar
20g cocoa
3/4tsp baking powder
30ml vegetable oil (I used sunflower)
70ml water
1egg

Pre-heat oven to 175C
Prepare cupcake cases in pan.

Mix the dry ingredients together.  I sieve the mixture after mixing to make sure I get rid of the clumps of cocoa powder.

Mix the egg, water and oil together.

Stir the wet and dry ingredients together. The batter will be very sloppy.

Divide mixture between ten medium cupcake cases and bake for fifteen minutes at 175C fan.


Remove from tin and cool on baking rack.  If you leave them in the tin to cool the paper cases will be soggy.



Ice/frost if wanted. These have quite a slow sweet flavour so do work well with the extra sweetness of a topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to edit or not publish comments