Thursday 17 March 2011

lactase treatment of cream - use twice the lactase

I have been trying out lactase treatment of milk.  I thought that cream responded less well than milk so wrote to the manufacturer to ask for advice.  Since I have noticed that other people have had the same query here is the response:


"Thank you for email.

There is a possibility that increased fat content of the cream may slow down the action of the enzyme. These two products’ weight also differs significantly.

My recommendation is to use twice the amount of lactase enzyme in cream. I hope that will prevent any gastrointestinal symptoms.

I hope you find this useful.

Kind Regards,

Evi Vagvolgyi
Technical Department

BioCare Limited"

I am very impressed by the speed of their response though slightly surprised that I didn't get data rather than a 'possibility' statement.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to edit or not publish comments